Thursday, August 31, 2006

Way Down Yonder in South of Cowtown...That is Where my Work Has Sent Me (To be sung to the tune of Alan Jackson's Chattahoochee)

So this week I am working in the dirty south (of cowtown) and I have to sit in traffic everyday for like 2 hours. It sucks because I usually get home (b/c I live so close to downtown) in like 15 minutes. I hate traffic. I am planning to go the gym on the way home, to avoid having to sit in it tonight. By the time I have gotten good and sweaty, everyone will be at home eating their happy meals, cats, dogs, whiskey or whatever they eat for supper (Note: No dogs/cats were hurt in the writing of this blog...I am kidding!).

We are working with a guy from Texas this week and we have been sitting around talking about all the things that are different between Canada and the US. He was asking me about if anything was good on the "Sentray" street in Cowtown. I am like what the 'F' are you talking about "Sentray"? He then says "You know the street spelt C-E-N-T-R-E". I finally figured out that he is saying Centre Street which is how we spell Center in good ol' Canada. Seriously the differences between Canada and the US astound me considering how close we are to eachother. Lets all sit down and figure out one temperature gage and decide on km or miles and get on with our lives. Seriously, if the US citizens had embraced the queen o' England, we would all be on the same damn page. Darn proud Americans! (Just kidding, you know I love you guys!!) Another funny thing that this guy says is "Y'all this" and "Y'all that" all the time. I seriously look for his horse to be tied to the fence when he comes to work, but alas he is just driving a rent-an-SUV. I tried to explain to him how cold it gets in Alberta and he looked at me like I'm crazy as it gets down to -50 Celsius which is -55 Fahrenheit. Yeah why do I live here? Because they won't let me move to Cali!

So I watched the movie "Match Point" the other day to reconfirm my suspicion that Scarlet Johanson is the most beautiful girl on earth. That girl needs to share her boobs because she has more than enough to go around. I hate her because life is not fair. They had that fruity looking guy from Bend it Like Beckham (the coach of the gals soccer team) in the movie. I really don't like him. He is skinny and short and looks slightly like he may bat for the other team (if you know what I mean). I would way rather stare at Scarlett than him and I don't bat for that team (again, if you know what I mean).

Guess what! I went to the gym 2 times this week and plan to go again tonight. Me and the boyfriend are having a "Too Sexico for San Francisco" contest. And I am going to win it. I bought some gold-stars and made an Excel Spreadsheet that I magneted to the fridge (after all I am a an accountant and I love the Excel Spreadsheets). The way the contest works is that we tally up how many times we have gone to the gym, run, gone to soccer, etc. (for which you get a star each day) and the person who had the most instances of physical activity for the month gets supper bought for them by the other person (I know buying supper is counter-productive to working out). This is the only thing that will work because me and the boyfriend are quite lazy and what we lack in laziness, we make up for in competitiveness.

This weekend is sure to be fun. We, being the huge-ass hicks that we are, we are going to get drunk on rye-whiskey and go through the corn maze (a maze made of corn) in honour of mine and a couple other gals birthdays. Yeah seriously I am a hick. I am well aware and have learnt to embrace it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good lord, you sound like Sugar Daddy (who is alos an auditor) with your spreadsheet...although I would do the same thing! I love charts!

Ummmm yeah, I never paid attention in grade school when they said THE WHOLE WORLD was going metric (this was a scare in the early 1980s)...that shit gives me a headache.