Monday, August 28, 2006

Interesting Day in Cowtown......ummm sure!

Well I went back to work again today and surprise, surprise, I didn't do any work today. I was not too sad about that though because it was a struggle getting up at 7am this morning after a month of 11am wake ups. So I tackled that beast, and the next plan is to go back to the gym. I plan on packing my stuff in the car and going to the gym after work (its on the way back from the client that I am working at tomorrow). I'll give you an update on whether or not that actually happens.

The news today, I got my annual review at work and I did well. They are lucky because if I didn't I would've snapped. I am a huge nerd and volunteer my time doing lots of stuff for them. I was a CASB (Chartered Accountant's School of Business) module champion (I marked cases for the new people and taught a session), I volunteered to be a mentor for the Junior Achievement High School company from hell (lets just say that they made a loss in their company and had a coup where they fired their president) and I went to a bunch of the women's network events on behalf of the company. To top that off I think I did, at least, a decent job. If they had given me simply an average rating, I would've lost it and quit all my volunteer positions at work. I know I am a huge philanthropist. I didn't find out how much of a raise I get yet but hopefully I'll find out soon so I can start planning all the stuff I am going to buy!

I caught up with people at work today and the only inappropriate thing that I did was have a loud conversation (are there ever any other kind with me?) about sexually transmitted diseases with a friend in front of a partner's office. Disclaimer: I do not have a sexually transmitted disease and neither does my friend, we were talking about the Hep A and B vaccines she had to get before going to Thailand next month). I wore my new polka dot shirt and that was pretty much the highlight of my day as a vibrant slave-driven auditor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh polka dots