Sunday, August 27, 2006

After a Short but Extremely Uninteresting Hiatus....I am Back!

I have been out of the bloggosphere for a week because I have been studying my butt off. Well I am finally done writing my module 4 test to become a Chartered Accountant. It was a 1 hour multiple choice and a crazy-ass hard 4 hour case. The case was brutal, I had to scramble for the entire 4 hours and wrote a short and concise 28 page answer, The good news is I think I more than likely passed but the bad news is I have to wait until Friday to find out. And then the lovely people at the chartered accountant school of business give me a whole 10 days off before they force me to take module 5. I also get to go back to work on Monday! Eeek! The summer just flew by and I had plans to do way more fun stuff, but I didn't get around to it. Ah well, I guess there is next summer.

This Friday I went to a bachelorette party. It was fun but I only knew the bride. The boyfriend is the best man in his best friends wedding. That means I get to watch him stumble through a speech and have to sit alone with his friends while he sits at the head table. That's okay though. His friends are good people. Sometimes they are slightly appalled about the stuff that comes out of my small-town mouth because apparently they don't build girls like me in the big city. Anyways, at the bachelorette party we went out for supper and then went to the dueling piano bar. That place is pretty fun. There are 3 piano players that rotate and play and sing requests (anything from the traditional songs to Eminem!) They're really good. The only problem is that only one of the piano players is actually funny. The other two are talented but they can put you to sleep after a while. The party was pretty tame. We all went home at midnight. I was considering going and seeing my sister's boyfriend, who is a DJ, spin at a club after but was wiped because my test that I had written started at 8am and I couldn't get much sleep as I was freaked to death that I would fail.

On Saturday I went out for lunch with my sister and then I got all spiffed up and wore my new shorts I bought in Edmonton and went to my friends house for her going away BBQ. She is going back to law school in Victoria, B.C. next weekend. I bunch of her guy friends came out to visit. They were really fun people. I will definitely have to visit her in Victoria later this year. We drank with her family and talked politics (me and my friend are liberals and her family are conservatives). Of course we solved all of Canada's problems, as we always do with drunken debates. Then we moved on to downtown.

We went to a pub which was busy as hell and I knew no one there. Then we went to the infamous Cowboys, where the drinks are small and the fake boobs are big. I danced up a storm with my friend's friends from B.C. while getting progressively drunker. Everytime country music came on I sat in the corner and pouted until one of them dragged me out to the dance floor. Good times. A couple of my friend's friends were switch dancing with this girl they picked up in the line to get into another bar. It was funny. They were taking shifts dancing with her. But in the end she ended up going home alone, despite their protests.

I stayed at the bar super late and then went back to a friend's house to hang out. I haven't stayed up that late in years or laughed that hard in a while. One of my friend's friends went into the shower earlier on in the night (which I didn't notice) and then came out. I introduced myself to him again after the shower because he looked soooo different without his glasses on. He's like "You have to be kidding me!" as I had had a 30 minute conversation with him earlier on in the night. I was a butt of many Clark Kent and Superman jokes after that. During another part of the night one of her friends asked me if my bracelet, which I was wearing part way up my forearm, was keeping my prostheses on. So the whole night we pretended to take are arms off and dance with stumps. It was very politically incorrect and probably wouldn't have been funny unless you had been there. People were giving us some strange looks!

Well I am back to work tomorrow, which sucks, but I am extremely excited to get paid again. I am so friggin' broke right now. And I have my annual review at work at work, so I'll find out what my raise will be this year. I'm nervous but I think I'll do okay.

No comments: