Monday, May 15, 2006

The Weekend Lowdown


Well it's nice that the weekend is finally over. It was too jam-packed with fun.

Friday -> I went out for drinks on the firm for my friend's going away thing. She's not really going away, but going upstairs to a different department. But anytime is a good occasion to go for free rye and diets!!! We watched the allergy game and I was extremely pessimistic but then they ended up winning. I love jumping the bandwagon (but I still like the Flames the most but I'd be cheering for them if they hadn't bit the big one!)

Saturday -> I went to Red Deer to go to a bridal shower. It was the first bridal shower I ever went to and it was for a good friend's little sister. What is the point of a bridal shower and why does one have to buy so many gifts for the bride whereas the groom gets hardly any. The bride gets a bridal shower gift and a stagette gift. It's crazy. Thank god most of my friends are likely not to get married in the near future (unless they are sending off to the old country for mail-order-grooms) because it could cost me a mint!!!! The shower was good. We went to Houlihans in Red Deer. That restaurant is hilarious. I have a theory, any guy that takes you out to Hoolihans or the Keg for a first date is bad news. They are all about showing a girl how much money they have (because those are the "classy and expensive" restaurants in Red Deer). And if you are dating a guy that thinks that showing a girl how rich he is instead of trying to be interesting, you know its gonna be bad news. Every guy I've ever gone out with that first took me out to those restaurants......have been BAD NEWS!!!!

In the morning, I woke up extra early and got CHILI PEPPER TICKETS!!! So excited. But, there is a potential issue. I think that the boyfriend's best friend is getting married that day so I may have to miss the concert (I'm not entirely positive on the date but I have a suspicion). That would make me slightly irked and normally I wouldn't go....but the boyfriend is the best man. Gotta keep those bridesmaids off my man.

I also went out for my friend's birthday to a place called Aussie Rules. Its a pretty sweet time if you are drunk. Its a dueling piano bar. They take requests and play all sorts of songs from r&b to hard rock. The whole point of the place is to get up on your chairs and dance. I got relatively pissed off rye and diets and proceeded to take my shirt off and swing it around my head. But don't worry readers, I had another shirt on underneath....the joys of layering. We danced the whole night long. The boyfriend came along and enjoyed our rendition of "Accountants gone Wild". We are crazy......ummm yeah?

Sunday -> Went out to Canmore to visit the momma for mother's day. Me and my sister bought her a gift certificate to her favorite pub. She had just gotten back from England. She enjoyed her trip but man can that woman bitch about family. Her mom has too much old shit in her house, my dad's sister is still smoking, her sister wanted to meet at an extremely annoying time, her sister's husband flirts with her...blah blah blah. She gives my grandma the hardest time. My mother strives to be the exact opposite of her mother. But all in all, it was nice to see momma again and my dad, after he got back from golfing. He shot an 80. Don't know what the hell that means but he sounded excited!

I also went to the Strokes concert on Sunday night. It was pretty good. I wasn't too big of a fan, but the boyfriend really likes them. The lead singer looked cute but I couldn't see from all the way in the back of the concert hall. I wonder what the Strokes thought of us Calgarians. They played to a half-filled building which is normally used to sell cattle in. Did I mention that it is called "the Corral". Man we are hicks. But they don't call it cowtown for nothing!!!! I'm sure that them, being all New Yorkesque, thought we were the hugest rednecks ever. Ah well.....they like their culture like we like out livestock!!!

No comments: