Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Gonna be a Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight!

Well it's fuckin' hot here in ol' Cowtown. The wheather here is fucked. It's only a matter of time before the farmers start complaining. Two years ago they complained because it was too dry and last year they complained because it was too wet. What the hell do you want from mother nature? It was 28 celsius today (83 farenheit for you Americans). It's apparently not too hot for people from Colorado but it's hot enough for me that lives in a 3rd floor condo with no AC. I have to play soccer tomorrow and I hate playing in the heat. Lately I cannot cuddle with the boyfriend at night. It's too hot. He gets pissy about it but I roast to death on my own without the added body heat.

Today my work had us doing this ghetto rendition of the Amazing Race for all the summer students that started. Instead of doing fun stuff like bungee jumping and sledging and going to exciting places such as Thailand or Greece, we arranged pictures in the middle of our version of Central Park (Prince's Island park) while people eating lunch looked at us like we were on crack and we went to the zoo and the mall. It was better than working all day, so I can't complain but why didn't they do this shit when I started. It's gay, instead of spending money to retain the people they have (turnover is ridiculous at my accounting firm - about 1 out of 8 people will stay for more than 3 years) they spend money recruiting new people. I'm pretty sure I read something about how its like 10 times more expensive to train a new person than retain a current employee.

Random rant - I came across this school in another person's blog called BYU (Bringham Young University http://www.byu.edu/webapp/home/index.jsp) and this place is crazy. Fair enough that all the people from one religion want to go to the same school and don't get me wrong, I am for any religion that stops people from doing bad things (aka killing people, stealing, peein in public, etc.) but this place is fucked. They force you to stay in their dorms or you have to have a residence that is approved by the "off-campus housing board". They force you stay in homes that they have chosen that are conductive to their moral and spiritual growth. Okay seriously, wtf happens when these people join the "real world", after they have been forced to go to BYU by their parents and don't have these imposed rules. Mormons gone wild!!! Seriously, I'd love to go to a BYU party. Chips and pop and Disney movies all around.....then a little over the clothes feel-up because you got a little crazy off of a sugar high from too much Mountain Dew! I also read their "Moral Code". Exact quote from the Moral Code: "Advocacy of a homosexual lifestyle (whether implied or explicit) or any behaviors that indicate homosexual conduct, including those not sexual in nature, are inappropriate and violate the Honor Code. " I'm not gay but wow.....that's all I can say is wow!!!!!

No comments: