Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All I Want to do is Dance Dance!


(This was the pumpkin I made the other year but I didn't write a blog back then so I'm posting it now people!)

Well this weekend should've been funner (considering Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year). It was fun, but I different kind of fun. I saw myself dressing up all three nights (Friday - Sunday) but unfortunately that did not happen. I begged and pleaded with everyone to dress up but it's kind of hard to convince your friends to wear their skankish Halloween outfits when its -10 Celsius outside. Yeah it sure did get cold and just in time to rain on my parade.

On Friday night I headed over to my friend's house for her birthday. I made my first sushi and let me tell you they have given me honorary Japanese citizenship. Damn I was good. I put a ridiculous amount of Rho (orange fish eggs) on my sushi but they were a big hit. It's suprisingly not that hard to make sushi. The Japanese chef's at the sushi restaurants look all intense and it kind of made me thought it took magic or something to do. After that we chilled out and listened to some music. Then the cute boy (from last posting) showed up.

We then headed out to the Ship and Anchor (aka the Pip and Thank Her aka the Hip and Canker aka the Slip and Shank Her, etc) and we bought some drinks. My sister than showed up and me and the cute boy had to keep our distance because we know that she'd be watching and I wasn't ready to let her know that me and a guy that she formerly dated (don't worry people it wasn't serious) might be hookin' up. So we were all awkward.

Then all of the sudden everyone in the bar left except for me and him. So I asked him if he'd like to hang out. So he came over and we stayed up talking til the wee hours in the morning. The poor guy had to work at 7 am but I don't think he made it until 10ish. He brought up the fact that he'd like to not be single anymore and that he'd like to not be single with me. I brushed it off. I just babbled some incoherent shit and pretended to forget what I was saying. It's not that I don't want to date him it's just that maybe he isn't good for me. Like I said in the last post, we have converging life goals and also he works on the pipelines and is gone the majority of the time. But at the same time, he's really cute, sweet and I laugh my head off when I'm around him. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to move on yet.

The next day I slept most of the day and then I went to a movie. I saw The Departed. What I friggin' good movie. So many good actors in it and for once, Leonardo Dicaprio was able to act his way out of a paper bag. Good for him. He still looks 16 years old though.

After the movie I decided to go to Red Deer to meet said boy again. It was his friend's birthday and also kind of his send off (because he was moving to Costa Rica for the foreseeable future). So I drove down at about 8pm and we went out in Sylvan Lake (a small town by Red Deer). Sylvan Lake was a ghost town so we went into Red Deer to go out. We went to a bar called the Club. I used to not be able to turn a corner without seeing someone I knew in Red Deer but I didn't see anyone I knew all night. That's okay though...some people are there that I don't really want to run into (aka exes). Nothing eventful happened but there were a bunch of obscenely dressed girls there. Last time I check wearing a white bikini and angel wings is not a costume.

After that we went back to the boys place and hung out. He unfortunately rents a room in a barn. I know what a catch eh...but it actually makes sense for him to live in a barn. He works like the majority of the month and then is only home for like a couple of days a month (the rest of the time he is in Calgary visiting friends). The barn was cold, but it's a good excuse to cuddle with said boy. I hung out with him until 5 o'clock on Sunday then I drove back to Calgary to get ready to finally wear my Halloween outfit.

The outfit was really good (if I do say so myself). I dressed up as Britney Spears...but I was pregnant. I wore the hit me baby one more time (schoolgirl outfit) and I had a fake pregnant belly. It was awesome. I also had this hideous doll I bought from Value Village that used to be a girl but I gave it a home haircut. The doll acted as Britney's son Sean Alexander. I kept dropping it on its head and putting smokes in its mouth and feeding it booze throughout the night. She's just like Britney momma. I went to this show that my sister's boyfriend put on. He's so good at what he does. I will post some pics when I can find my damn camera cord and when blogger lets me upload photos. I seriously was never interested in drum and base music until I heard his. It was a fun night but I went home at midnight because I had to work Monday morning.

This weekend should be okay. I am going to the James Blunt concert on Friday night. I am undecided on how much I like him. I think the concert will be kind of depressing because he whines slightly too much. Ah well. I'm excited to go out after the concert though with a friend I haven't seen in forever. Then on Saturday the boy is supposed to be coming in to town for the evening to hang out. Tomorrow night I have a soccer game so I hope I kick some butt. We shall see.

1 comment:

Cowtown Gal in Paradise said...

He's throwing up flourescent purple spiderwebs!