Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stupid Stuff to do when You are Drunk

So this week at work sucked. I had the most disrespectful client I have ever met try to tell me how to do my job and he also accused me or one of my co-workers of having a ringtone on our phone that says "Fuck you Fuck you Fuck you". What a nut! We were right by his office the whole week and no one had that ringtone. On the plus side my manager didn't believe a thing that was said and took me out for drinks on Friday because I looked like a needed it.

So Friday night started with a couple of drinks at the bar by my work with a bunch of workmates. I got a slight buzz from that and realized that it was 6:30pm and I had to haul ass home to change. My friend and her friend drove picked me up and we went to the James Blunt concert (the guy that sings that "You're Beautiful" song). The concert was pretty good but all the songs are super depressing. So you better believe we had to go out after that (so we didn't go home and kill ourselves).

After the concert we got dropped off on 17th Avenue (the Red Mile) and we went on an impromptu pub crawl. First we got pizza and I put honey on it (my friend suggested that I do so) and damned if it ain't good. After that we hit up a pub called Bungalow but there were a couple of creepy guys there that wouldn't leave us alone so we left that place in a hurry. After that we headed over to another pub called Mercury. That place is crazy. One of the bars is a fish tank but instead of putting rocks in the thing, it is just made out of clear glass. It's really lovely to see the fish poop while you are thinking of what drink to order. "I'll have a fish poop...I mean rye and coke"

We stayed there the rest of the night because we ran into a couple of friends we knew from soccer. One guy that was friends with a friend showed up and he was kind of cute. So I threw on the charm and he seemed interested. I spent the rest of the night hanging out with him. In Cowtown, a friend had put on the 30 Hour Soccer Marathon to raise money for cancer this weekend. So the whole night, we were talking about how we were going to find someone to drive us to the soccer centre to play for the 3 oclock shift. We were kind of half joking. But when the bar closed, me, my friend and the cute guy caught a cab together and we somehow convinced the cabbie to drive us to the Soccer Centre for $20 (it's a long-ass drive so that was a deal) because it was in the name of cancer. We all went and got our soccer gear from our places and went down to the soccer centre then we played our $20 to get in the marathon each.

When we got to the soccer centre there were a bunch of people I know playing soccer. They happened to be none other than my ex's complete soccer team (who I still love despite the breakup) and his best friend and brother. But, thank god, the ex wasn't there (he has to work every Saturday so I guess he didn't go). God all of us were so drunk and we were playing some good soccer. Every time I kicked someone in the shins or something I was like "Sorry, it's in the name of cancer". I would line up these awesome goals and then miss the ball completely and fall on my ass and lie there laughing for like 5 minutes. The best part of the night was that the cute guy was hitting on me harshly and right in front of the ex's best friend and brother. Haha! Take that one home to the ex. He can see just how sad I am about the whole breakup! I know...I'm immature...but I'm allowed to be from time to time.

We played soccer from 3am til about 5:30am. Then we found someone to give us a ride home. I unfortunately didn't get the cute guys number or give him mine because there were so many people in the car. But we run in similar circles...so I'm sure I'll see him soon. I hope so anyways.

Saturday night was pretty chill. The guy that works on the pipelines drove in from where he was working to visit me. We watched a couple of movies. He's pretty cute. We have been joking all week (via text messages) about how I am his sugar momma and that he should feed me grapes. So when he came on Saturday night, he brought grapes. I was like "Awwwww!" He's a good guy but still not sure how serious I can get with him.

We tied my soccer game 1-1 last week and that is only because the ref was an evil she-bitch and she gave us like 4 two minute penalties and 1 4 minute penalty for stuff that was completely incidental and one that was completely unfounded. That's okay though because we played down a 2-man power play from the other team and we scored a goal when they were on a power play (you should have seen the refs face...she was pissed when we did that). I missed a sweet goal in the last 30 seconds that I totally should have gotten. Ah well...what can you do eh? I'm going rock climbing for the first time in almost 2 weeks today so I am super excited. Next weekend I am going to Victoria, B.C. for the weekend to visit a friend. Should be a blast!

No comments: