Thursday, October 26, 2006

Boys Boys Boys!

This last week was pretty fun. I attended the Calgary Business Hall of Fame Dinner on behalf of my company and it actually turned out to be a pretty decent affair. The host of the event was Ron McLean. For those of you who live under a rock (or in the US), Ron is a co-anchor on our much beloved Hockey Night in Canada. He regaled us with anecdotes that involved ice of some sort (the most non-hockey related story he told was about a couple of figure skaters). Man that guy is a good story teller. The dinner was really good and fancy but we had, by far, the youngest table going. I swear I have not seen so many middle-aged men in one room, along with their shining bald heads.

On Friday night, we had a girl's night out. We started off with a little indoor wall climbing (which yes, I am still obsessed with), then we went for supper and then to a movie. The climbing was really fun. I'm getting way better at it but I still have a lot to improve upon (aka my chicken arms need to get with the beef). We went out for supper and were going to go to this Cajun place but the bartender claimed that they were setting a table up for us but when we went sent someone in to have a look, they hadn't even touched any of the 5 open tables. So we said Screw you guys and went to a nearby pub and had some very healthy pub food. You can't knock the pub food.

After that we went to the worst movie ever Marie Antoinette. Again, save yourself the time and hit yourself in the head with some stilettos. Dammit, this movie was so pointless and boring. The story didnÂ’t even portray Marie Antoinette as a hero but more as a naive girl that just spent all of France's money. LAME-O!

After that everyone went home and I went on to go see my sister's boyfriend DJ at a pub. He's really good. Then this guy that I know (he's friends with my sister) showed up and started laying on the charm. I have to admit that I think I have a new crush. I'm not sure if he is the type of guy I could have anything super long-term with because he definitely has different life aspirations than I do. foreseeee myself having a good career, eventually getting married (if I meet any boys that aren't complete commitment-phobic poo-poo heads), and having kids. He, on the other hand, wants to buy land in Costa Rica and open up a hostel. Yeah...slightly converging life goals. But I'll be damned if he isn't cute.

So Saturday night I went out with said boy, one of my best buds from Edmonton, and a bunch of my friends and we saw a really good band from Australia play at our local university. They are called Cat Empire, and let me be the first to tell you...best show ever. I don't know if it was just because I'd drank a sizeable amount of rye or not, but I have never danced my ass off more at a concert. They had the whole place dancing all over. If they ever come to you town GO SEE THEM! You won't regret it. Apparently they are huge in Australia and I'm sure they'll do alright here.

After that we went to the pub that my sister waitresses at and had some more drinks. By that point I was so wasted I could barely walk. But when we were at the table, the boy grabbed my hand and held it. He's such a dream-boat. But there is one problem...he used to date my sister. So I am trying to fight this crush but damn is he cute. Anyways we have been texting each other back and forth all week. He's really cute and I get all happy and excited each time I hear the texting beep. Hopefully I will be able to see him this weekend. We shall see.

On Sunday morning, me and my Edmontonian friend were bored so we set up a profile on lavalife so that we could check the listings in Red Deer (the town where I grew up) to see if there was anyone on there that I knew. I set my name up as "Boobs McGee" and my tagline was "I have large breasts. Please put your head in them". Then in the section where it asked you to tell a little about yourself, I wrote "Motorboat. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" The I put the following picture as my profile pic:



(Yes kids.....this are actually my boobs. They may or may not be thrusted vigorously into the camera but impressive none the less!)

So needless to say I got a instant message from someone the someone the second I hit enter. I convinced this guy I was stripping for a living and trying to put myself through medical school. Meanwhile, me and my friend were pissing ourselves laughing. Stupid men!!!

Well this week is almost over and it is sure to be a good one. I have a sweet Halloween outfit lined up, which I will not disclose until I have some good pics to go along with it. I hope y'all have a good Halloween. Trick or Treat. Treat for me s'il vous plait!!!!!

No comments: