Monday, September 18, 2006

It's my Party and I'll Drink Rye if I want to!

Seriously, I threw the most epic of birthday party's this weekend and there was a sweet turn out. Nevermind that people probably came out because they all think that I should be suicidal because of my recent break up (which, incidentally, I am definitely not). But I was glad to have em!

Friday - We went out to this small pub in my area of Cowtown and drank ourselves silly. I was very impressed as I filled up half of the pub with my friends. The creepy waiter (think campire - a campy vampire) was like "Oh my gawd!" He couldn't handle all the peeps. I also got a happy birthday wish (from my friend calling me on my cell phone) from who I thought was Ryan Seacrest. He turned out to not actually be Ryan Seacrest but a look-a-like. My friend thought she was pretty funny tricking me like that. We then moved on to another pub and I managed to get so drunk that me and my buddy were singing Bryan Adams songs at the top of our lungs. This guy seriously knows every one of his songs off by heart. It's funny.

Saturday - After waking up with a wicked hangover, me and a couple friends went for breakfast. I love Humpty's because they will give you perogies (a Ukrainian potato dumpling) instead of hashbrowns (which I hate).

Then I went on to play laser tag. I went to the laser tag place, only to find out that they had booked me in for the following Saturday, and not the current one. I was pretty pissed considering I had 18 people showing up. What if we had been 18 six year old kids instead of mature twenty-somethings? This guy is like "Uhhh do you want to keep your booking next weekend?" and eventually "Do you want some free vouchers?" I'm like no....I want to play frickin' laser tag here, right now. I ended up forcing him to phone the laser tag place down the road and getting me to book in there. We then proceeded to rustle everyone up and play a game of laser tag. And seriously, as stupid as laser tag sounds, it was soooo much fun. This place was crazy! It had all sorts of tunnels and ramps and there were 2 floors. They had windows on the 2nd floor that you could pop out of and shoot people. The best part is that there were like 20 kids under 6 playing with us. Call me cheap, but man they were walking cute little targets. My sister's boyfriend (who by the way is the best laser-tagger ever) would send the kids out in front of him, using them as a human shield, and then would kill off all of the other team. We then went out for a quick lunch with the worst service ever. I guess people aren't equipped for my posse!

Then Saturday night, me, my sister and my two friends went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. It was really cool. They had the sweetest light show going on and they sounded so good live. One complaint though, they didn't play "Under the Bridge". Oh well, I got to hear it last time they were in town. My friend's boyfriend was quite drunk as he drank 6 beers before we even got to our seats! We then went out to a bar and did some dancing. It was really weird being at the bar though. I was thinking "Wow, I could make out with that guy if I was so inclined." It has been 2 and a half years since I have been able to do that. Kind of surreal.

Sunday - I went for breakfast again with some friends and then out for supper with my family at a wicked Thai restaurant called "Thai Chili Club House". They have the best sea bass ever. I felt bad for my dad though, because he is on this medical diet where he can't eat peanuts and that equals bad news at a Thai restaurant. And the Sunday night I went rock climbing with a friend. We took a beginners course. I have taken like 4 beginners courses in my time, but always forget how to tie the knot. It was a good course though and I made a new hippy friend, whom I am going climbing with tonight. Should be fun. Hopefully my arms don't fall off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dammit...that weekend rocks. Gettin'g drunk, playing laser tag, seeing the Chili Pepper AND rocck climbing?!?!?

I'm officially Jealous with a capitol J.