Monday, June 02, 2008

Sex and Sea-Ty

On Friday night I headed to the sex and the city premier. I got all dressed up in my little black dress. The premise behind this premier was wonderful but the shotty execution behind it was horrible. But what do I expect from Bermuda! They stuffed an entire theatre of girls into a shoebox sized room and put the two bars right beside each other. They had to hors d'ouevres coming out of the kitchen that was beside the bar, so by the time the plates made it over to the other end of the room, the food was gone. It was a pretty fun night but let me tell you, eating no supper and drinking martinis at an open bar equals bad news. My friend threw up in a popcorn bucket and I don't even remember the movie. I will have to go see it again (which sucks because they only play movies here for one week and I don't have much time this week!)

On Saturday, I felt like dying from consuming all the damn sugary martinis the night before. I also woke up with the most massive bruise on my arm and hip and I even managed to break blood vessels. I had no idea where it came from but from enquiry from my friends, I got it from falling over the back of the movie seats. We were sitting in the middle of the back row and instead of walking around all the seats, we were jumping over the back of them to go to the washroom/get additional drinks. I ended up catching my foot on the back of the seat and fell HARD on my left side. Ouch!

Then on Saturday the boyfriend made a wicked lamb dinner with Greek salad and then we went to a pub for a friend's birthday. Needless to say, since I was in my lovely hungover condition, I stuck to the diet cokes! The birthday bash was pretty fun but everyone was watching the hockey game. I usually don't care about hockey but throw in two American teams, and I really couldn't be bothered. Luckily, someone had brought along Rock Band. I sang a couple of songs and played the drums. Man the drums are freakin' hard! It was a good time until some gal insisted that we turn off the Rock Band and watch the game. Why???? Not everyone likes hockey so don't force them to watch it!

On Sunday, me and the boyfriend went scuba diving with a couple of friends. I think the scuba dive masters thought the boyfriend beat me or something because they kept asking about my bruises (which were very prevalent in my bikini with my radiantly pale skin!) The dives we did were really good. The first one was really pretty but epically long. I saw a bunch of fish (I would tell you what their names are but I have no idea). The dive was along the coral reef and lasted 44 minutes! The next dive was on a shipwreck. This ship, as opposed to the last one we saw, was smashed to smithereens. It was still pretty cool though because there was coral all over the whole ship and quite a bit more fish then the last dive.

Some other highlights of the dive was when the guide was telling me to swim through a hole by putting her finger through a loop made with her thumb and index finger and I was confused as to why she was making the penis/vagina sign and when the boyfriend mysteriously disappeared at the beginning of the second dive. I was concerned but figured he accidentally latched on to another group as sometimes happens because it is hard to tell who is who when underwater. When I got out of the water, I discovered that he had gotten sea sick and threw up in the ocean when he started his dive! All in all, a good weekend! Next weekend should be fun because it is a close friend's going away party and it's Greek style (i.e. gotta wear togas!) I don't think I'll be drinking much though thanks to last Friday night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I left a comment that got eaten...I said that the falling out of the chair and nursing the hangover with a Diet Coke didn't sound all that bad. I miss those days of freedom...and alcohol...and freedom. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but just for a month to do whatever the hell I felt like...would be nice.

Enjoy it, sister!