Monday, April 28, 2008

Lazy Dayz

I've found that I could seriously sleep the entire weekend away if given the chance. Anytime I get comfortable, on the weekend, I could fall asleep (including sitting up!) This means that I need to force myself to get up and do something. This weekend it was too windy to go to the beach, despite my desperate need for the sun! I was really hoping to get a little colour, but my adversity to the cold prevented me from going. So I basically spent all of Saturday inside! How lame! I am on this beautiful island, and I wasted my time away on the couch. I ended up renting the third season of Lost (so good by the way) and chilling out watching it. The boyfriend was having boys night out and every girl I know here was either off island, had concrete plans or had a visitor, so I also spent the night on the couch. I did take a brief break from being lazy to do my prescribed long-ass run for my half-marathon training, but that is about all the activity this lady saw all day.

I just want to say that Lost is a wicked show. I have no idea where this show is headed but I am definitely around for the ride. Apparently after this season, there are another two seasons. I seriously have no idea where this show is going and don't even know how they could end this show, with all its plots and sub-plots, in a way that is going to satisfy it's viewers. All I know is that I hope it never ends. But I guess something will replace it. I thought I would cry when Six Feet Under and Sex and the City ended, but I found new shows. So I'm sure some program will keep me mesmerised by the glowing of my TV for years to come.

On Sunday, me and the boyfriend went down to St. George. St. George is one of the places that I mentioned in an earlier post, to which locals rarely go (unless they live in that area) because it is not in the center of the island and thus takes to much effort to go to. It's quite pretty but definitely not somewhere where I'd hurry back to. The lack of walking paths in Bermuda is stagerring and I know that it will drive my parents mad when they come to visit me later this year (they are walk-oholics). St. George has a road with some shops on it but no nice long boardwalk or seaside path to warrant going for a walk. The only half-decent walking path in Bermuda is the railway trail, which I will have to walk soon! But I am kind of saving it for a really boring weekend, because it is the only decent walk in the whole country. I am going to have to go home for a week of hiking in the summer next year because this lack of hiking is killing me!

This weekend I am doing the end-to-end walk for charity. This is a massive event where locals walk from either the middle of the island to the end of the island (which is what I am doing) or from one end of the island to the other. I opted for the shorter version because I am training for the half-marathon and know that the end to end walk (40km or 24 miles) would result in my legs feeling like they are going to fall off for a long period of time (likely being a week or so after I am done the walk) and this would put my training behind (because I wouldn't be able to run due to sore legs). So I am walking the condensed version, which is only 24km (14.7 miles). I am sure it will still hurt, but probably not as bad. I will aim to do the full walk next year.

2 comments:

Freebird said...

DUDE you should totally come up here for a good ol' hiking-fest! I can't wait to get out to the mountains...

But what's this business about "next" summer...what's wrong with THIS summe? You're making the big bucks down there aren't you....? hahaha, whatever, just get your ass up here!

Cowtown Gal in Paradise said...

Alas I cannot come this summer as I am saving my holidays for xmas. I will definitely want to snowboard by then and the summer....will be more beautiful here! I miss the mountains already though!