Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life is Coming Along!

So both me and the boyfriend both passed our scooter-driving tests on Monday and are now liscenced to drive a scooter. What an epic journey that was. Well they have this thing called "island time" here. Whatever would take you like 20 minutes at home will take you about 4 hours here.

First of all, our Examiner started the test about 45 minutes late. So we both did our test and then we went inside to wait for the guy to stamp our form as "passed". So the Examiner saw one of his friends and chatted to him for 30 minutes. After that he finally gave us our cards and told us to go to the information desk. The information desk lady then gave us a number. It was about 3:05 at this point. So we waited in line. It was at number 275 and we were number 350 and 351. Finally, they processed our licence at 5pm. We then get home and the boyfriend notices that the dumb bitch who processed our licence had forgotten to put that we were able to drive motorcycles as well as scooters. This would be fine except that the island is really hilly and you need at least a 100cc bike (which is considered a motorcycle here) to pass people on these hills.

At this point the Transport Control Department was closed so I decided I would go the next day. So I went down the next day and complained. Some guy takes my licence and then goes in the back and does not emerge for 45 minutes. He then gives me a piece of paper saying that I passed for motorcycle too and then tells me to see information. I then see information lady and she gives me another number. I am like "You have to be kidding me" and everyone around me gives me a "Stupid white girl is throwing a fit for no reason look". So I sit down and wait in the waiting area. They finally call my number at about 10:30am (I had shown up at the place at 8:30am) and then act like they are doing me a favour by correcting something they should have done in the first place! Ya so needless to say, I hope I never have to go in that damn place ever again!!!!

Yesterday I bought a new scooter (a MIO 100cc cappucino coloured). I will post some photos of it when I get a chance (ie remember to bring a camera with me!) and I got a cell phone. The cell phone salesperson was pretty awesome too. She looked pissed at me when I prevented her from sending text messages for 10 minutes so she could set me up with a phone. It's not like it's not your job biatch! She also had this disgusting long-ass fake nails with some sort of decoration that looked like a spiderweb or something on them. Ah well, gotta get used to a slower-paced life. Not a good move when you come from Cowtown because everyone is so impatient at home. If you don't get served in like 10 minutes of sitting down, in Cowtown, you start to eliminate parts of the servers tip! That shit would never fly here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! Look at you!!!!!

Congrats on the big mooooooooooove (get it? Cowtowmn? I crack my shit up)! I'm so jealous. I always threatened to move to a tropical island but I just kept getting married instead.

You lucky, lucky girl! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Nice! Love the hair color too. I want to come visit now as our high today is supposed to be 19!!