Monday, October 16, 2006

A Long Time in the Making

Yeah so I suck and haven't posted in a long time. I sat down to write a rather lengthy and inspired post last week but then my laptop, which has a battery life of about 5 minutes after it performs the tedious task of starting up, died on me when I was putting the finishing touches on a good blog. I have only just worked up the motivation to re-write the blog today. Sorry!!! I will upload some photos once blogger stops being STUPID!

Okay so the weekend before last, on Thursday, I went out to a dueling piano bar called "Aussie Rules" and to the lovely Cowboys (circa last Thursdays - still had fake breasts on tap, along with cheap draft beer). I developed my first crush since being single there. But, it is so taboo......on a guy from work. I am normally really outgoing but as soon as I like a guy, I clam up and get all nervous. I don't know what happened. First I'm like "Yeah he's really nice" and that turned into "Actually he's really nice.....looking". And from there I was hooked. I am not going to describe more about him because I know lots of people from work read this and I do not want to specify more about him lest the rumor mill start a turning. It was a fun night, but I drank only one drink, which incidentally was from the breast of a hooter shooter girl (a friend paid me to do it). There may or may not be a video. Eek!

On Friday, I went out with a couple of friends to a bar called "Soho" which plays lots of hip hop and is frequented by lots of black people (which is quite alright with me). I invited the crush to come along....and he did! So that was good. Too bad that I had drank way too much Soho before I went to Soho and he saw me at my best (worst?) He came with 3 girls though (all of which I was assured were only friends), so that sucked. I just played my shy card as I do with people I like and nothing happened and one of his friends made him leave while I was in the bathroom. So my friend wrestled my cell phone out of my hands and texted him "The bar was alot cooler when you were here." Yeah so someone needs to invent a cell phone with a breathalizer in it that will only allow you to call a taxi to take your drunk ass home after about 0.1 blood alcohol level. So I looked at my call list last night and noticed that I called the crush at 1:15am. Totally don't remember that. Hope I didn't say anything too stupid. Whoops!

On Saturday I picked my friend Just an Alberta Girl at the airport and we then went shopping. The weekend before I had bought some tanktops at a store and then put them down to try something on and forgot them in another store. So I rebought those tanktops and I bought a nice hoodie. Then we went back to my place and got ready to go out. We went to a hard rock bar called "The Back Alley" or as people in Cowtown refer to it "Crack Alley" or simply "the Crack" because of its colorful clientele. In the time I was there I saw a girl dancing on the speaker with a short pleated skirt and I think she forgot to put on underoos! I also saw a gothic gal leading around a gothic guy by a leash (ummm no comment!) We took a couple of people that my friend new from Korea. They were hilarious. One guy could barely speak english but he sure did like the scantily clad beer tub girls! He was like the paparazzi! I ran into another couple of friends there that I wall climb with. They were on a date. So I tried to make it as uncomfortable as I could for them (yeah I know I'm nice).

On Sunday night I went to Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving) dinner with Just an Alberta girl. It was me and 30 Basians (people from Barbados). Man are they hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I could barely talk the next day because I laughed so much. And the drunker they got, the louder they got and the stronger their accents got. Some highlights from the evening was where they pulled out some wine and my friends aunt claimed that "Monks make this wine". I looked at the bottle, and it was Kosher wine with Hebrew writing on it. First, I don't think monks drink and I don't thing that they let monks in synagogue. It was funny they had a glass of Kosher wine in one hand and then a fork with ham on it in the other. Also, one of my friends cousins claimed that he bakes bread and makes salad for Co-op (one of our local grocery stores) and then sell it to them and then rebought it to support his own business. Thats why he brought store bought buns and salad. Too funny. I love my friends family!

Monday, I watched Employee of the Month. Trust me, just go save yourself some money and hit yourself in the head with a shoe. I love Dane Cook though! He's cute. And then we had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents (which happens to be my house now). It was good but everyone kept talking to me like I'm gonna kill myself because of the recent break-up. Seriously people....I have moved on! Leave me alone!

This weekend was rather uneventful. Me and my friend have been waiting for like 4 months to watch Get Rich or Die Tryin' but haven't been able to find a night where we could both get together. We watched movies and ate alot of junk food. Than on Saturday, I went for supper at an Etheopian restaurant (who knew that Ethopians even ate) and then we partook in some "herbal remedies" and watched a cheesy movie. Wow, can I ever not make nachos when I'm f'ed up!

We had our first soccer game of the season and am please to report that we won 5-1! Seriously, my team kicks ass. Not so much me personally, but my team is good! I have to play my old team, which I left due to bad coaching, this season. So that won't be fun. All in all, I had a good weekend though because I was able to stay away from the bar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, Drunk Texting...came along after I left the bar scene...but Drunk Dialing? Equally as dangerous...