Monday, July 28, 2008

It's been Awhile

So my best and longest buddy left the island last nice. Makes me kind of sad. Makes me also miss home. I don't miss Cowtown as a place but the people that call that place home. I miss J (both of them), S, G, DDL (even though she isn't there right now) my sister, my brother in law and M (even though I didn't see him that much while I was there - it was nice to know I could if I wanted!) Having S in Bermuda for the last week and a half just brought it all back. I love my new friends out here but there's comfort in being with friends that know you as good, or arguably better, than you know yourself.

S was a gracious guest and I would love to have her back anytime. She was very thankful and even had dinner ready on the table when we got home from work. We spent nights talking and being lame-ass old people and going to bed at a decent hour. I've realized that as I get older, I can't handle these 4am nights unless I am extremely distracted. I have to be really drunk or having a really good time (usually involves dancing) to make it past the midnight mark. Yes, I am a party animal!

She arrived on a Friday and I couldn't pick her up at the airport because I was on boat day with my work. My work rented a catamaran and we cruised around the island and drank and ate a bunch. It was a great day. The only thing I would have changed was to have the boyfriend there. He didn't end up coming because he was feeling very good that day. People kept asking me where he was and I didn't have that good of an explanation as he was at work instead of on a boat. I guess sometimes you'd rather be along than spend a day with all the people you are with at work all week long. I can feel that. Since he didn't come to the boat day, he was able to pick up S at the airport. So there was a silver lining.

I had a great time with S. I took her all over the island. We saw the dunking of the floozie in St. George, to the boring-ass Maritime Museum in Dockyard. We went scuba-diving a couple of times. The thing that sucks about scuba diving lately (since the hurricane Bertha) is that the South Shore has been really rough thus when you dive there, it is really mirky and hard to see anything. So both dives we did were on the North Side. Would have liked to have shown her a bit more of what the diving had to offer, especially at the price she paid for each dive, but I hope she liked what she saw!



Here's a picture of me and S scuba diving. I'm on the left!

We also went out a couple of nights, watched Dark Knight and rented some movies. We spent a good chunk of time on the beach and she hit up a bunch of beaches while I was at work. On the last night, I took her to a pool party. The party was pretty fun but started dying out quite early (I guess that's what happens when people start drinking at 10am). The house owners had bought all these wicked pool blow-up toys. One of them was a punching bag that had Rocky Balboa on it that had a weight in the bottom and stayed standing when you punched it. It also came with blow-up punching gloves. It was sweet ass! The pool owner kept on talking to it in the Rocky accent. It was classic. The party was fun but I was surprised no one hurt themselves too bad as they were jumping off the roof into the pool. And this is a normal backyard pool, so its shallow as hell! S left on Sunday, a week and a bit after she got down here. Miss ya buddy!



Here's a picture of me getting launched in the pool! I'm lucky I didn't loose the bathing suit!

1 comment:

Freebird said...

That pool-launch pic is priceless. haha i can almost make out the expression on your face...100% Peckett. I love it!

Miss you too my dear! The other day I was like "Man, I haven't hung out with her in ages, I should call her up..." then had that sudden sinking feeling when my brain reminded me that you live far far away on an island. poo on that.