Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Aloha, Mr. Hand

Wowsa it's been a long time since I last posted. Well what's new? Not a whole lot! Things are winding down at work here and I am getting ready to go on study leave for 2 whole months. I can't wait! I can sleep in until 11 and watch as much of my secret nerd vice as I want (Star Trek the Next Generation). Yeah I am aware that I am cool but everyone has to like one lame thing. Actually come to think of it, I love crappy teenage movies too (Think Crossroads starring Britney Spears) and 80s movies and don't even get me started on crappy 80s teenage movies (Fast Times at Ridgemont High baby, Ahhh Yeah!). My boyfriend says that I have a tv crap radar in me. At any time during the day, I can find the worst possible thing on tv and will sit down and watch it. It's better than watching UFC though...so whatever boyfriend.

My best friend's little sister is getting married this weekend. It makes me feel old. God knows if the boyfriend is ever going to pop the question to me. Seriously, he's not one to go against the norms of his friends and they are like a bunch of confirmed bachelors that are in monogamous relationships (don't ask me how that works, but it does). His best friend has been dating his girlfriend for 5 years and they are just moving in together and I have only been dating the boyfriend for 2.5 years. Ah well, no rush. I plan on traveling as much as is possible in the future. And we have to see if the boyfriend can hack my new job that I plan on taking next year, where I travel a lot. We shall see, we shall see.

Well as far as my sports life, not much is new either. We are still either tying or losing at soccer (we've only won one game so far) and we are still sucking ass at rugby. My rugby team is currently planning a mutiny against my coach. I don't really know why. I think he is a decent coach. I mean he shows up and runs our asses off. Everyone is complaining that he doesn't explain anything to the new girls but I am spankin' new and I understand the game now and also that he doesn't play anyone, every game but I am on the field for the majority of the time and I am probably one of the worst players due to my lack of experience. I just sit there going.....duhhhh! And then one of my teammates will yell at me and I will move to where they tell me. I have learnt not to listen to certain players (as they have no idea WTF they are talking about) and to listen closely to others.

Plans for the summer -> since I actually get to do shit this summer, I am planning on going to British Columbia a lot this summer! British Columbia has some sweet lakes and the boyfriend has a cabin on one of them. The cabin is boat only access. I can't wait to bbq my ass off there and be driven by his father into slave labour (he always makes everyone earn their keep when he comes out at the same time as us). The slave labour sucks but the lake is sweet. Going wakeboarding all day and lying on the dock. Trying to get on people's houseboats (the lake that his cabin is on is the "houseboating capital of the world").

I plan also to do the Calgary Stamped up right (the Calgary Stampede is the largest outdoor show in the world). It's a sweet ass rodeo. The whole of Calgary dresses up in jeans (which is pretty crazy considering most people downtown could pass for New Yorkers usually, as they are so dressed up for work) and don the cowboy hats. Then you listen to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" and various Garth Brooks songs and get drunk out of your tree. The whole city puts on free pancake breakfasts speckled around downtown and you eat your fair share of pancakes and if you are lucky, they have those hotel buffet breakfast eggs that are made from a powder. There is also the Stampede grounds where you pay $10 to get in and then you spend $50 on various fair food (mmmm elephant ears) and, if you are lucky, you catch a free show (I think Nelly Furtado, the Trews, and Sam Roberts are coming this year). I want to go to the actual rodeo this year as I have never been. It looks like fun. I also plan on going to the bar Cowboys a couple of times (apparently there is an urban legend that if you work at that bar for long enough, the owner will buy you fake boobs).

Well I will attempt to blog more frequently in the near future, because I will have a ton more time (will be off work in t-minus 4.5 working days). Love yall!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your summer sounds much more intriguing that mine which includes "pack everything we own", "get everything we own from House A to House B" and "unpack everything we own."

I know how to have fun, don't be jealous.

I was dying at the crap radar...funny. I love those 80s movies too probably b/c that reminds me of when I was ummmm...younger.